Wednesday, May 3

April Fool's Day, Pilot Vasquez. Part 5/8

Personal Log. Pilot, Juan Vasquez. 04.01.3001.

While piloting the Liberace through the Corinth Solar System today, I caught sight of like, this beautiful blue comet with like, orange specks glittering in its tale. It reminded me of this shirt my sister used to wear. The shirt was like, blue with orange glitter and it had like, a unicorn on the front and I wondered like, if my sister's spirit was somehow in the comet and she had flown out here to say, like, "Hi," or something.

So I was like, "Hi, Sis."

And then I decided to call the comet, Consuelo, because that's like, my sister's name.

Then like, 1st Mate Beck came up to me and he was like, "What the hell are you doing?"

And I was like, "What?"

He was like, "You've been flying off course for nearly fifteen minutes."

And I was like, "No way. Really?"

Apparently, I had like, steered the ship around two Corinthian moons while following Comet Consuelo. I had been so out of it, I didn't even realize that our ship had a weapons malfunction and had like, destroyed some alien satellites. At first I thought I just had the Mun-days, but then I realized it was like, Thursday.

I reported to Dr. Leary to see if I had like, a flu bug or something. He checked my meds and found that my bottle of Ritalin 10.9 was full of like, Tic-Tacs. Like, spearmint flavored Tic-Tacs. At first I was like, "What the hell", because I like orange flavored Tic-Tacs, not spearmint. But then I took like a double dose of Rit-10 and the whole thing just sort of like, slipped from my mind.

When I felt better, I went back to the bridge to like, say "Goodbye" to Consuelo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a tic-tac. Hey look - a chicken!