Friday, April 28

April Fool's Day, Ped Varook. Part 2/8

Personal Log. Chief Engineer, Ped Varook. 04.01.3001


When I returned from my second daily consumption, I discovered that my living quarters were reversed. Every item of furniture and decoration was on the exact opposite side of the room from which I had left it.

At first, I thought I had entered the wrong living quarters, but quickly deemed the conclusion to be false. To my knowledge, I am the only Cretian on this vessel, therefore the only one who would have a ceremonial Cretian breast flogger.

My second deduction was that I was suffering from a synaptic malfunction of my frontal cortex. After shocking my brain with an electro-neural stimulator, thus effectively rebooting my memory, that possibility proved false as well.

Afraid that we may have flown through a temporal disturbance or spatial anomaly, I ran various structural tests and space/time scans. All seemed within normal parameters.

Obviously the ship had been invaded by an alien species who sought to disorient us before trying to lay claim to the Liberace. I informed Chief of Security Rumson immediately, but a bio-scan of the ship showed no signs of an alien presence. There is the possibility that it could be a species that can evade detection, but it appears that only my quarters had been altered. Since it was a one time occurrence, Chief of Security Rumson did not see any impending threat.

As it stands, whatever force reversed my room remains an unsolved mystery. However, I found the rearrangement more pleasing to my mood receptors, and thus left my quarters as is.

No comments: